Coil Spring IFS
TCI Engineering’s 1962-1965 Mercury Comet Coil Spring IFS is engineered for increased performance, strength, control, drivability, and handling capabilities and opens up your engine compartment. This American Made Coil-Spring IFS is engineered for easy installation, enhanced drivability, and a broader range of alignment adjustments.
We have re-engineered the original spring towers to now utilize a vertical metal plate for mounting the upper control arms. This new design allows easy camber & caster adjustments via shims instead of alignment slots. This design eliminates the T-bolt design that was prone to slipping and throwing your alignment out when you hit potholes. Whether you’re cruising to the show on a Sunday morning or tearing up the track on a Saturday afternoon the TCI Engineering 1962-1965 Mercury Comet Coil Spring IFS has you covered. All heli-arc welded for the highest quality, strength, and finish available. Available with dropped or stock height spindles to provide a ride height that matches your specific desires.
Installation is as straightforward as possible for the 1962-1965 Mercury Comet Coil Spring IFS. The boxing plates, cross-member, and upper towers are all located using existing holes on the frame rails. Boxing plates include rosette weld holes to maximize strength. Replacement inner fender panels reuse many of the factory shock tower holes making panel alignment very easy.
All TCI Engineering products come with our Dual Warranty. 6 Year, 60,000 Mile Warranty on wear and tear items like bushings, coil-overs, & ball joints. Any items built in-house by TCI Engineering such as link bars, control arms, spindles, crossmembers, etc come with a Lifetime Warranty.
Currently 2-WEEK Lead Time
$299 Flat-Fee Shipping
(The contiguous United States)
- Coil-spring upper towers
- 1” Performance anti-roll bar
- Boxing plates
- Inner fender panels
- Small block Engine mounts
- 1” x .156w Upper tubular A-arms
- 1 1/8” x .156w Lower tubular A-arms
- Greasable urethane bushings
- Spindles (stock height or 2” drop)
- Manual rack and pinion
- 11” Drilled & slotted zinc plated rotors
- Big bore calipers (with 20% more clamping force)
- Black powder coated springs
- Painted shocks
- The primary crossmember utilizes 3/16″ thick American made steel that has been mig and tig welded together for more strength and durability.
- Eliminates the factory shock towers for more engine bay clearance and more header clearance.
- Utilizes reinforcorcement plates to retain chassis strength and durability.
- Crossmember has been engineered to lower the center of gravity of your vehicle to decrease body roll and increase handling performance while allowing plenty of ground clearance.
- Spindles are CNC machined in-house using 4140 chro-moly spindle shafts
- Quick ratio rack and pinion
- The engine mounts have been engineered with laser cut precision using 3/16″ thick American made steel and fabricated with mig and tig welds for strength and durability.
- Bolt-On SBF and FE engine mounts
Read Editorial 1
YouTube Video 1