Torque Arm Rear Suspension
1964.5-1970 Ford Mustang Torque Arm assembly is engineered for Street, Autocross and Road Course Applications. TCI Engineering’s Torque Arm rear suspension was designed to eliminate the suspension bind that occurs when cornering using the stock conventional leaf spring suspension. The Torque Arm features a telescoping slider at the front of the arm that rotates as the car goes through suspension travel and articulation. This allows the car’s handling to be controlled by the coil-over shocks and the rear sway bar with no suspension binding variables. The kit allows for a lowered stance, greater rear axle control, and dramatically improved handling. There are 3 height adjustments on the axle brackets in one-inch increments. You also have the ability to fine tune the ride height further with the adjustable coilovers.
The installation of the 1964.5-1970 Ford Mustang Torque Arm mostly requires drilling and bolting in components. The 1964-1970 Mustang Torque Arm kit is a bolt-on application except for welding the axle brackets, panhard bracket, Torque Arm tabs, and optional sway bar brackets onto the axle housing. The optional anti-sway bar will require brackets to be welded onto the axle housing as well. The kit is available for 9” axle housings only. Complete 9” axle housings are available fully welded and ready to be bolted in.
All TCI Engineering products come with our Dual Warranty. 6 Year, 60,000 Mile Warranty on wear and tear items like bushings, coil-overs, & ball joints. Any items built in-house by TCI Engineering such as link bars, control arms, spindles, crossmembers, etc come with a Lifetime Warranty.
Currently 48-HOUR Lead Time!
- 1¼” High Performance Link Bars
- 1¾” Torque arm with slider & reinforcing flanges
- 1½” Coil-over crossmember with channel brackets
- 1¼” Adjustable Panhard bar with LH & RH rod ends
- Axle housing brackets with torque arm tabs and install tool
- Adjustable pinion support tubes with rod ends with tabs and install tool
- 1¾” Crossmember with drive shaft loop
- Bolt-on trailing arm channel brackets
- Floor reinforcing plates and hardware
- Greasable urethane bushing
- All American coil-over shocks
- 1¾” Sub-frame connectors
- Detailed installation manual
- Dramatically improve handling
- Eliminates bind during articulation
- Strengthens the chassis
- Driveshaft loop provides added safety
- Lowered stance and center of gravity
- True bolt-in with no cutting into the floor required
- All heli-arc welded for the highest quality & strength
Read Testimonial 2
Read Editorial 1
Read Editorial 2
Read Editorial 3
YouTube Video 1
YouTube Video 2
YouTube Video 3