TCI Engineering is proud to announce the release of our new 1948-1952 Ford F1 Pickup Grounded Chassis. The rear frame rails have been kicked up and the front crossmember has been raised in order to put the cab 1” off the ground with 26” (front) & 28” (rear) tall tires. The frame features main rails with an extended height from 6” to 8” for increased rigidity. Clearance between upper and lower x-members is maximized while still retaining the original frame profile. The center section is custom-built for each chassis to match the customer-specified engine and transmission. Frame rails are fixture welded with all mounting hardware installed before being fully enclosed. All edges are ground smooth to give a clean appearance.
The 4-Link bars were moved up the side of the frame to keep proper geometry at the new super-low ride height. We placed the link bars and lower shock attachments outside the frame rails in order to maximize roll resistance. The tapered rear airbags provide maximum lift and travel while also being capable of higher loads and a comfortable ride.
Special attention was paid with the modified front crossmember to ensure proper geometry for comfort and performance. We used a double convoluted bag in the front to provide maximum lift and travel. An external shock and bump stop provide safety and comfort.
The complete 1948-1952 Ford F1 Pickup Grounded Chassis includes hand fabricated ¼” stainless air lines along with 3/16” Brake lines and hoses. Optional Ridetech Ride Control X systems and tanks are also available.
We offer chassis for cruising, autocrossing, drag racing, fully polished show-stoppers and anything else in between. We offer a wide variety of options that allow you to custom tailor a chassis to meet your specific needs. All TCI Engineering products come with our Dual Warranty. 6 Year/60,000 Mile Warranty on wear and tear plus any items built in house by TCI Engineering come with a Lifetime Warranty.
Currently 12-WEEK Lead Time!
- 9“ Hot Rod Currie housing with your choice of gear set (3.00-4.56)
- Small block engine and automatic transmission mounts
- Pedal assembly with master cylinder and booster
- Wilwood proportioning & check valves
- 31 Spline axles and 11” drum brakes
- Complete frame with center section
- Complete front suspension
- Complete rear suspension
- Custom steel brake lines
- Core support mount
- 8” Tall fully boxed frame rails offer exceptional strength and rigidity
- Custom built center section offers strength while still allowing exhaust clearance
- This chassis design is engineered for a cleaner look and excellent ride quality
- Slammed stance when aired out
- Lowered center of gravity provides superior handling
- Redesigned upper control arm mounting brackets provides easy alignment, tuning adjustability and control of camber and caster
- 3/16” heavy duty Cross member provides superior strength
- Heavy duty upper and lower screw-in ball joints for additional strength and durability
- Heavy duty upper and lower control arms provide added safety and strength
- Vented rotors and big bore calipers provide excellent braking capabilities
- Energy Suspension bushings provide long lasting performance
- Performance front anti-roll bar provides superior handling characteristics
- 4-Link dramatically improves power delivery
- 4-Link provides reduced unsprung weight
- Equal length adjustable 4-link bars eliminate wheel hop
- Fully plumbed brake lines with pedal, master & booster shorten fabrication time
- Engine and Transmission mounts are pre-installed allowing your combo to drop right in.
- All heli-arc welded for the highest quality & strength
Read Testimonial 2
Read Testimonial 3
Read Editorial 1
Read Editorial 2
Read Editorial 3
YouTube Video 1
YouTube Video 2
YouTube Video 3