Currie 9″ Rear Axle
TCI Engineering & Currie complete 1933-1934 Ford 9″ Ford rearend.
Fabricated by highly trained and experienced welders using precision tooling. All joints are MIG welded while all brackets are installed using precision TIG welding. Today’s High Performance engines require the strength and reliability these round back housings provide.
TCI Engineering fabricates all of its 1933-1934 Ford 9″ Ford rearend housings in-house using only high quality 100% Curries 9-Plus rear end components. Modeled after the popular factory 9” Ford stock housing which is now nearly extinct, the 9-Plus Hot Rod housing is similar to the early style . The 9-Plus model is made of U.S. supplied premium grade formed steel. Strength and rigidity is increased by using thicker gauge steel. The housing comes with American Made 3” O.D. x .188” wall 1026 D.O.M. steel tubing. 100% new Billet steel 9-Plus late model large bearing (Torino style) housing ends. Exhaust routing is made easier and bracket clearance is increased due to the shape of the housing.
Currie Enterprises provides the 9-Plus Nodular Iron “Sportsman 3rd Member Case”. Cast out of 65,000 p.s.i. nodular iron and features 3.062” carrier bearing bores, with a 1330 long yoke, and 31 spline carrier. These brand new Currie cases are now standard on all complete rearends from TCI Engineering.
This 9” Sportsman 3rd Member gear is 100% new.
31 spline high performance 1541 forged induction heat-treated alloy axles come standard. Axles comes with 2.80 center register hub and 2.5” brake space for later model big Ford housing ends. Each set of axles come with USA Made large tapered roller bearings with seals, heavy duty retainer plates, 1/2” or 7/16” wheel studs pressed on. Axles come with either 5 x 4½“ Ford or 5 x 4¾” Chevy wheel bolt patterns. Standard width is 56″ Axle Flange to Axle Flange but custom widths are available.
- Currie round back housing with late/large Ford bearing flanges (width of your choice)
- All TCI Suspension bracketry installed and fixture welded
- Nodular 3rd member with your choice of new gear sets ranging from (3:00 to 4:56)
- 31 Spline axles with new tapered bearings, seals and axle studs
- 11” Drum brakes
- Axle brackets fully welded
- 1330 Yoke (long)
- Your choice of 4.5” or 4.75” Bolt circles
- Gear lube and Posi lube (when applicable)
- 9-Plus Hot Rod housing utilizes thicker gauge steel for increased strength and rigidity
- Your choice of gear ratios to match desired cruise RPM
- 100% brand new Nodular Iron case is Strong and Durable
- 31 Spline High Performance 1541 Forged Alloy axles are rated for 600 HP
- Commonly used Late/Large bearing housing ends makes finding replacement bearings/seals easy
- Tapered roller bearings provide the proper preload for long bearing life
- 1330 Yoke is commonly used and durable
- The 9-Plus Rear Drum Brake Kit comes complete with backing plates assembled
Read Editorial 1
Read Editorial 2
Read Editorial 3
YouTube Video 1