Dropped Axle & 4-Link Rear Chassis
We are proud to offer frames and complete chassis for the popular 1928 – 1931 Ford Model A Cars & Trucks Dropped Axle and 4-Link Rear Chassis. The Model A Dropped Axle features main rails made from rectangle steel which is 2 x 4 x .125w, sourced from the US. In turn, this results in increased rigidity while still keeping the original profile. We offer chassis for cruising, auto-crossing, drag racing, or fully polished show-stoppers and anything in between. We offer a wide variety of options that allow you to custom tailor a chassis to meet your specific needs.
The Dropped Axle front suspension is designed for a classic look, enhanced drivability and ease of use. We’ve implemented the newest design and manufacturing innovations to retain a traditional look while ensuring comfort and safety. Fixture welded tube axle using only U.S. made steel. Fixture welded link bars using only Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings with lubrication valleys. Big Bore calipers on big 10.5” rotors. Fitted kingpins and fully packed front bearings using hi-temp grease. SoCal Speed Shop provides the front shocks and shock mounts.
4-Link Rear Suspension creates a lowered stance for superior handling via a lowered center of gravity. Smooth ride, better handling, minimal weight and greater axle control are just the beginning. Adjustable 4-Link bars allow fine tuning of wheelbase/pinion angle, eliminate wheel hop and provide greater axle control. Height adjustable coil-overs plus adjustable mounting positions provide many options for desired ride height. Energy Suspension provides the polyurethane bushings with lubrication valleys and come with their patented poly lube. TCI Engineering Model A Dropped Axle Chassis are available fully welded and ready to be bolted in. Only American made steel is used to manufacture this TCI Engineering Model-A Dropped Axle Chassis.
All TCI Engineering products, including 1928-1931 Ford Model A Dropped Axle and 4-Link Rear Chassis comes with our Dual Warranty. 6 Year, 60,000 Mile Warranty on wear and tear items like bushings, coil-overs, & ball joints. In addition, any items built in house by TCI Engineering such as link bars, control arms, spindles, crossmembers, etc come with a Lifetime Warranty.
Currently, 8-WEEK Lead Time!
- Complete frame with crossmembers
- Complete front suspension
- Complete rear suspension
- 9“ Hot Rod Currie housing with your choice of gear set (3.00-4.56)
- Small block engine and automatic transmission mounts
- Pedal assembly with master cylinder and booster
- Wilwood proportioning & check valves
- 31 Spline axles and 11” drum brakes
- Custom steel brake lines
- Body & Hood latch brackets
- Core support mount
- This chassis is engineered for a classic look and modern reliability
- Lowered stance and center of gravity
- Dramatically improve ride quality
- Engineered using only U.S. made steel for exact tolerances and reliability
- Fixture welded tube axle is strong and durable
- SoCal Speed Shop shocks offer a nice plush ride
- Heavy duty King Pins for additional strength and durability
- Heavy duty shackles provide added safety and strength
- Vented rotors and big bore calipers provide excellent braking capabilities
- Energy Suspension bushings provide long lasting performance
- Panhard bar allows you to center the wheels perfectly
- Reduced unsprung weight
- All heli-arc welded for the highest quality and strength
- Equal length adjustable 4-link bars eliminate wheel hop
- Fully adjustable ride height to set stance exactly where you want it
Read Testimonial 2
Read Editorial 1
Read Editorial 2
Read Editorial 3
YouTube Video 1
YouTube Video 2