A select few auto enthusiasts witnessed the unveiling of the new show ‘Tackle My Ride’, officially released at SEMA 2016 with a short clip of the episode featuring the Cleveland Browns. The clip highlighted a Q&A session with Pro Bowl and Super Bowl Champion Linebacker Lamarr Woodley, owner of Demented Customs James Torrez, and producers. The show emphasizes the relationships between NFL teams and their super fans. These super fans not only go above and beyond for their teams but also for their communities which is why the show gives back to them in a big way.
TCI Engineering has had a long standing relationship with James from Demented Customs. They have been a dealer for our products for nearly a decade. When the producers of the show provided James with a list of cars to be upgraded he knew immediately that we could help with one in particular. The list was mostly comprised mostly of late models in need of common fixes and upgrades. However, there was one vehicle that was perfect for TCI Engineering. Literally a week before James received the vehicle at his shop we got the call. We made a few calls ourselves to our partners at Currie, Ridetech, and Wilwood. Two days later we loaded up a pallet of parts and sent them off to Demented Customs in New Mexico.
Once we were made aware of the vehicle owners name we soon found out how much of a super fan he was for his team. We got to work on something extra special for him and his car. We can’t disclose those details just yet but we think that He will be super happy with the personal touch. Stay tuned for all the episodes, especially #5 on December 6th.
Below is a broadcast schedule for the 2016 season of Tackle My Ride:
- Nov. 15 – featuring the Cleveland Browns and cornerback Joe Haden
- Nov. 15 – featuring the Seattle Seahawks and defensive end Cliff Avril
- Nov. 22 – featuring the Minnesota Vikings and tight end Kyle Rudolph
- Nov. 29 – featuring the New York Giants and defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul
- Dec. 6 – featuring the New Orleans Saints and defensive tackle John Jenkins
- Dec. 13 – featuring the Dallas Cowboys and cornerback Brandon Carr