Pro Touring IFS
This American Made 1970-1981 Pontiac Firebird Pro-Touring IFS is engineered for easy installation, performance driving, and broader range of alignment adjustments. With the popularity of Autocrossing and Road Racing growing every day we decided to build a no compromise front clip that will not break the bank. This front clip will provide the ultimate in handling, weight savings and strength. Maximizing ground clearance and performance was the primary goal. The only clip on the market with dual camber curves so it performs well on the street, drag strip, autocross track or road racing. This front clip is based on our Custom designed spindle with bolt-on steering arms. This allows the best geometry and maximizes comfort and performance. Total Cost Involved exclusive tubular narrowed rail design allows the use of the widest tires possible.
This front clip is a complete bolt-in package reusing factory mounting points. Open up your engine compartment and drop 120 lbs off the nose of your Firebird. All heli-arc welded for the highest quality, strength, and finish available. Available with dropped or stock height spindles to provide a ride height that matches your specific desires. 1,000,001 Mile Warranty Ridetech Coil-over shocks come standard and provide further height adjustment and 26-way ride comfort control. Whether you’re cruising to the show on a Sunday morning or tearing up the track on a Saturday afternoon the TCI Engineering 1970-1981 Pontiac Firebird Pro-Touring IFS has you covered.
All TCI Engineering products come with our Dual Warranty. 6 Year, 60,000 Mile Warranty on wear and tear items like bushings, coil-overs, & ball joints. Any items built in-house by TCI Engineering such as link bars, control arms, spindles, crossmembers, etc come with a Lifetime Warranty.
Currently only 1-WEEK Lead Time!
- RideTech Single Adjustable Coil-Over Shocks
- Black powder coated springs
- Bolt-in multi position transmission mount is included
- Greasable urethane bushings
- 1” Performance anti-roll bar
- 1 1/8” x .156w U.S. DOM Steel lower tubular A-arms
- 1” x .156w U.S. DOM Steel upper tubular A-arms
- Power rack and pinion
- Spindles (2” drop)
- Engine Brackets
- 11” Drilled & slotted zinc plated rotors
- Big bore calipers (with 20% better clamping force)
- Lowered stance and center of gravity
- Greasable urethane bushings
- True bolt-in with no cutting or welding required
- Dramatically improves handling and braking
- All heli-arc welded for the highest quality and strength
- 110 lbs. lighter than stock clip for better balance, compliant handling and front to rear weight distribution
- Transmission crossmember is C-Notched for maximum exhaust ground clearance
- Double rail mandrel-bent design that provides superior strength with greater durability
- Rotors, spindles & brakes come assembled with bearings packed with hi-temp grease
- The upper control arms have two different mounting points the top position is for standard street driving and drag racing. The bottom position provides more camber gain for autocrossing
Read Editorial 1
Read Editorial 2
Read Editorial 3
YouTube Video 1
YouTube Video 2