Pro Touring IFS
TCI Engineering’s 1967-1969 Mercury Cougar Pro-Touring IFS is engineered for increased performance, strength, control, drivability, handling capabilities and opens up your engine compartment. Maximizing performance and increased ground clearance while lowering the vehicle were the primary goals. TCI Engineers designed all geometry around our custom spindle with bolt on steering arms. This custom spindle allowed us to better control camber gain and scrub radius vs. traditional Mustang II spindles that many others use. Our custom bolt on steering arms allow more turning radius, better Ackerman and virtually no measurable bump steer. We use a quick ratio Fox Body rack & pinion so steering is precise for street or track.
We strengthen the frame rails by fully encapsulating them with boxing plates. The boxing plates locate off of existing holes on the frame and our crossmember and upper shock mounts locate off the boxing plates so installation is straightforward. Boxing plates include rosette weld slots to maximize strength. The filler panels for the shock towers add critical strength as well. Replacement inner fender panels reuse many of the factory shock tower holes making panel alignment very easy. We raised the crossmember up against the bottom of the frame rails as far as possible to increase ground clearance and maximize vehicle drop.
Whether you’re cruising to the show on a Sunday morning or tearing up the track on a Saturday afternoon the TCI Engineering 1967-1969 Mercury Cougar Pro-Touring IFS has you covered. All heli-arc welded for the highest quality, strength and finish available. Available with dropped or stock height spindles to provide a ride height that matches your specific desires. 1,000,001 Mile Warranty Ridetech Coil-over shocks come standard and provide further height adjustment and 26 way ride comfort control.
All TCI Engineering products come with our Dual Warranty. 6 Year, 60,000 Mile Warranty on wear and tear items like bushings, coil-overs, & ball joints. Any items built in-house by TCI Engineering such as link bars, control arms, spindles, crossmembers, etc come with a Lifetime Warranty.
Currently only 1-WEEK Lead Time!
$199 Flat-Rate Shipping
(The contiguous United States)
- RideTech Single Adjustable Coil-Over Shocks
- Black powder coated springs
- Greasable urethane bushings
- 1” Performance anti-roll bar
- 1 1/8” x .156w U.S. DOM Steel lower tubular A-arms
- 1” x .156w U.S. DOM Steel upper tubular A-arms
- Power rack and pinion
- Spindles (2” drop)
- Engine Brackets
- 11” Drilled & slotted zinc plated rotors
- Big bore calipers (with 20% better clamping force)
- Frame Reinforcement plates
- Inner Fender Panels
- SBF Engine Mounts
- The primary crossmember utilizes 3/16″ thick American made steel that has been mig and tig welded together for more strength and durability.
- Eliminates the factory shock towers for more engine bay clearance and more header clearance.
- Engineered to lower the center of gravity of your vehicle to decrease body roll and increase handling performance while allowing plenty of ground clearance.
- Custom spindles CNC machined in-house using 4140 chro-moly spindle shafts
- Quick ratio power rack and pinion
- Frame reinforcements plates add strength and rigidity to the frame rails
- The engine mounts have been engineered with laser cut precision using 3/16″ thick American made steel and fabricated with mig and tig welds for strength and durability.
Read Testimonial 2
Read Testimonial 3
Read Editorial 1
Read Editorial 2
YouTube Video 1