Coil Spring IFS & Parabolic Leaf Spring Rear Chassis
We are proud to offer the 1948-1952 Ford F1 Pickup Coil Spring Chassis. The frame features main rails with an extended height from 6” to 8” for increased rigidity and clearance between upper and lower x-members while still retaining the original profile. We offer chassis for cruising, autocrossing, drag racing, or fully polished show-stoppers, and anything in between. We offer a wide variety of options that allow you to custom tailor a chassis to meet your specific needs.
This Coil Spring IFS is engineered for enhanced drivability and a broader range of alignment adjustments. We have re-engineered the original spring towers to now utilize a vertical metal plate for mounting the upper control arms. This new design allows easy camber & caster adjustments via shims instead of alignment slots. This design eliminates the T-bolt design that was prone to slipping and throwing your alignment out when you hit pot holes.
These American-made Parabolic leaf springs are a modern implementation of traditional parabolic leaf springs. This design is characterized by fewer leafs whose thickness varies from center to ends following a parabolic curve. In this design, inter-leaf friction is unwanted, and therefore there is only contact between the springs at the ends and at the center where the axle is connected. The primary benefit of parabolic springs is better ride quality and not being as “stiff” as conventional “multi-leaf springs”. As an added bonus there are less springs that offer 28% weight savings over the 5 leaf kit previously offered. Only American-made steel is used to manufacture this TCI Engineering 1948-1952 Ford F1 Pickup Coil Spring Chassis.
All TCI Engineering products come with our Dual Warranty. 6 Year, 60,000 Mile Warranty on wear and tear items like bushings, coil-overs, & ball joints. Any items built in-house by TCI Engineering such as link bars, control arms, spindles, crossmembers, etc come with a Lifetime Warranty.
Currently, only 8-WEEK Lead Time!
- 9“ Hot Rod Currie housing with your choice of gear set (3.00-4.56)
- Small block engine and automatic transmission mounts
- Pedal assembly with master cylinder and booster
- Wilwood proportioning & check valves
- 31 Spline axles and 11” drum brakes
- Complete frame with center section
- Complete front suspension
- Complete rear suspension
- Custom steel brake lines
- Core support mount
- 8” Tall fully boxed frame rails offer exceptional strength and rigidity
- Custom built center section offers strength while still allowing exhaust clearance
- This chassis design is engineered for a cleaner look and excellent ride quality
- Lowered stance and center of gravity provide superior handling
- Redesigned upper control arm mounting brackets provides easy alignment, tuning adjustability and control of camber and caster
- 3/16” heavy duty Cross member provides superior strength
- Heavy duty upper and lower screw-in ball joints for additional strength and durability
- Heavy duty upper and lower control arms provide added safety and strength
- Vented rotors and big bore calipers provide excellent braking capabilities
- Energy Suspension bushings provide long lasting performance
- Performance front anti-roll bar provides superior handling characteristics
- Parabolic Leaf springs offer greater flexibility which promotes ride quality
- 28% weight savings over conventional Leaf springs
- The Leaf Springs will not rob your classic truck of performance
- Fully plumbed brake lines with pedal, master & booster shorten fabrication time
- Engine and Transmission mounts are pre-installed allowing your combo to drop right in.
- All heli-arc welded for the highest quality & strength
Read Testimonial 2
Read Testimonial 3
Read Editorial 1
Read Editorial 2
YouTube Video 1
YouTube Video 2
YouTube Video 3